Monday, October 6, 2014

Ewww, it smells like I stepped in something...nope, that's just the outdoors!"



Hello out there. Yes, that title is a direct quote of mine during our vacation two weeks ago. I know it’s been awhile since I’ve posted…vacations are not restful in our household and then I was sick. But don’t worry, I’m still reading, and sometimes writing. I know I should feel rested after a 10 day vacation, but the hubs and I don’t really do relaxing vacas…10 nights…6 towns. I didn’t even have time to read more than a book or two. That’s just so very wrong! At least it was September, so the weather is cooler and it wasn’t the height of tourist season. And I turned part of it into a research trip. As a writer, you never know when inspiration will strike. Spent a lovely day at Crater Lake…writing.
 Stunning Crater Lake

Sure I hiked for about 2 miles around the top while my husband ventured down to the actual lake. The guide said the trail to the lake was strenuous so I skipped it! Me and strenuous aren’t really friends. But the best part of that day was the writing. I’m working on a complete rewrite…the dreaded blank page (cue Jaws music). It’s daunting if you haven’t tried it. But three and a half hours later I had 2500 new words…and a cookie, or two…and it inspired me for the rest of the trip. My characters are talking again. They do that, you know? Writers aren’t crazy, we just have a bunch of voices in our heads that we need to juggle around!
 My writing view for the day

And now it’s time to take a writing break and get back to reading. That is what this blog is about, right?
I haven’t had the greatest luck recently. I think I’ve read too many rocker books that had potential, but I didn’t love. Any recommendations?
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment